Author Topic: red roses  (Read 1935 times)

admin

red roses
« on: September 30, 2009, 07:46:01 PM »
ridgerunner

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:43 am    Post subject: red roses   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there are some who do more than others one person who has done more is founding rn. her posts on the board have done more than anyone to raise the level of understanding of dialysis. 

plugger

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:28 am    Post subject: I'll second that   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I have a technical question about dialysis, FRN is the person I trust the most to give me the straight scoop. I must admit I've drawn some inspiration from all the "regulars" on this site at one time or another. 

Founding RN

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: Thank you   

I appreciate hearing from all of you and the feedback you give on the education material. Working behind the scenes like I do means that I don't talk directly with very many of you so when I do hear from any of you, it is very much appreciated. Arlene does pass on some of the feedback but it is nice hearing directly from you.<
><
>I am glad to know that the education section is helping a bit. I remember the hours I spent in the begining, doing research so that I could be sure that I was explaining things in a way I hoped would be easy for all of you to understand. It wasn't and still isn't easy as I work full time and my family is jealous of any time I spend on the computer doing dialysis education. Some day I hope that DEO will be able to fund a full time dialysis education department. That is my dream for DEO.<
><
>But I must give kudos to those of you who ask the questions. I am sure there are many out there who are not even sure of what to ask and when they read a post from someone who has been on dialysis a while, I bet it is an "A Ha" moment for them. So I salute you who ask the questions and help spread the education even further.<
><
>Thank you,<
>Sincerely,<
>Founding RN 

KUDOS

Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: To my friend and accomplace (sp)   

<
>No words can express my friendship with FRN. She has always been there for the patients and myself. How many tears she has wiped off my face and know that we are in this together. From the beginning to the end.<
><
>I am the luckiest person in the world to have not only a friend in FRN, but am lucky to call her my friend. This is the most unselfish,caring and giving person I know. Even footed extra lunches, when times were rough.<
><
>She is behind the lines due to employment issues, as a worker you pay a big price. She has weathered the storms of the units and is fighting for you here and in the units. <
><
>Thank you FRN from my heart, one day you can show your face safely and those can put a face on the angel that you are.<
><
>Arlene 

brenda

Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:50 am    Post subject: take a bow   

FRN you have
ought so much to all of us here.....and we all do truly appreciate it............... 

Lin

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Ditto for me   

FRN has explained more than the nurses who are paid to answer my sometimes insane questions, and I trust her judgement 100 %. The fact that she devotes so much time to helping pts. shows what a trully special person she really is. Yes, we are all blessed for knowing her! Lin. 

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy