Author Topic: REGARDING OCTOBER HEARINGS (part b)  (Read 1909 times)

admin

REGARDING OCTOBER HEARINGS (part b)
« on: October 01, 2009, 06:23:13 PM »

brenda

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: I bet if we passed  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a hat around , filled it to the rim, and
ought it with us --gave it to the committee. the hearings would be held. Remember our lovely Senators etc do anything for  

What

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: articles promised as long as hearings  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bet if there were some actual articles published rather than talk of reporters working on the story there might be hearings.  

FRN

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:43 am    Post subject: Oct Hearings  

We are still waiting to hear from the commitee about the hearings and if they will take place. Arlene and others will go up to DC no matter what. They will use that time to lobby and inform other leaders and reps in our nation's capitol of what their fellow Senators are doing, or rather not doing.<
><
>If you wish, go ahead and e-mail your expereinces and comments to Arlene and she can hand carry them to DC and give copies to those who wish to learn more about the dialysis industry. <
><
>Yes, use the arlene@dialysisethics.org e-mail listed in the above posts.<
><
>Thank you.  

Dave

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:53 am    Post subject: DC  

FRN,<
>When is the deadline to get in emails?  

Bitch 2

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: To the one that  

questions the " article" and if it is just all talk-----stories have to be verified and it takes time........but you will be the one eating a lot of crow along with the biggies when the do come out. I sure do hope that you were one that provided some info into this situation, if not quit your bitchin.....  

FRN

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:58 am    Post subject: E-mails  

We will accept them up to Oct 10.  

What

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: reponse to Bitch2  

Yes, I am one of the people who has provided info and talked to reporters and have seen no results other than promises. I have seen more patients dumped, I have heard of marches and flyers being handed out.<
><
>So in response to you, I hope you are a patient also that has to suffer. Not being able to talk in public for fear of being dumped. Having to deal with incompetent staff and doctors making more and more cuts.<
><
>If some people on this board would put as much effort into fighting for change as they do in putting down posters we might see some progress.  

leadsag

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: in fighting  

Come on people, lets not fight each other. Getting mad at each other in this group does no good. Everyone should work together for positive change.  

Bitch 2

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Response to What  

I think burying two family members from this in the past 5 years counts. I write fax and call Senators just about on a weekly basis and am just as anxious for the stories to come out, but they will in time,  

gadfly

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:02 am    Post subject: Call the reporter  

Its simple call the reporter.  

Dave

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:00 am    Post subject: Committee  

Asking again, was anyone at this board called by the committee, because I was not and I've heard no confirmation that anyone else was called. I did hear that one person said he called them and spoke with them, but have not heard where anyone else said they were called.  

To Dave

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:56 am    Post subject: Call them again  

Dave,<
> People on this board do not advertise who they call and who calls them. It's their own business. You want to talk to them, then call them again. Call the reporter, the names and numbers are all over this board. Let your fingers do the walking and dialing.  

Dave

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: You totally  

took my question wrong. People on this board will be the first to say if they were contacted. If no one is commenting then maybe they haven't really called anyone.  

Marty

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Called?  

Dave, Your question is a legitimate one. I haven't been called yet either.  

leadsag

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:50 am    Post subject: calling  

We have been told that they are monitoring this discussion board so do you really think they would want to call someone who will tell them of the problems? I would guess they would call someone like the essay winners over at Ikidney, who only talk positive about the dialysis process, how grateful they are for it. Not htat people here are not grateful for the treatments also.  

Dave has a point

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:55 am    Post subject: phone number has been on board  

It appears that you do have a gripe Dave. But phone numbers were furnished and some were called. Many called Michelle themselves. On the posting from Michelle she clearly stated that many of the patients didnt return calls and they have what they have been looking for. We cant say or prove she didnt..<
>I would

suggestt that you call Michelle and ask why the delay of the hearings, or why they feel they may not have them, the fact that they will handle the GAO report through the media? Which we all know isnt going to resolve anything.Remember this is an election year, that is to our advantage. We will still be going up to DC,as we have many appointments.<
><
>The money is deep in ESRD I have posted the most current emails that I have received. But,let me put it to you this way,you can call or you can contact me and you are more than welcome to help plan the demonstrations. There are people that are doing that.<
><
>When one is being promised hearings, one puts that on the front burner. It is not my life as I am not on dialysis, but after awhile when people expect you to take on their responsibility that they themselves have is really hard to take. It is a thankless job, with alot of criticism, and little help.<
><
>Your help will be more than appreciated, but email and I will put you in contact with those who are planning the demonstrations. If you have talked to the reporter then feel free to pick up the phone and ask him personally. You stated that you have talked to him already. So you know who he is, if not email me and I will give you his number.That is another person that has spent a year and ahalf researching these abuses. But he can tell you when it will come down I am sure. <
><
>People can complain or people can get busy. Everyone can pick up a pen and write a letter, everyone can call the investigator or your Senator. It is not up to others to fight the terrain and to have those complain that it isnt done to their satisfaction. Bluntly, I didnt or dont owe the patients 5 plus years of my life. You have been living this for over 30 years with full knowledge of the government.No one has challenged and the slaughter has been going on for years.<
><
>Many of us that started have been frustrated with the lack of help. Fear can be crippling, but you can write a letter, recall the reporter or get on a committee to help plan. It is your choice, or people can continue to expect others to do it for them. But others could use help. So with or without you we will continue going forward, but everyone should be willing to write or join a committee or spin in circles and wring ones hands.<
><
>I dont owe anyone my life or my finances to fight something that outraged me as a worker. I chose that, and will continue to put one foot in front of the other,many that are walking with us are helping all of you and spending their own money and time to help you out. Baltimore trips and DC trips came out of their own pockets.FRN works full time and may have to seek another job. They have done it for you, they didnt benefit from it.<
><
>So basically, you have Michelle's phone number call. I am not in the postition to force her to call anyone, she had the list. Feel free to email me or call if you want to be on that committee. It is up to you. Then you can have your input on how it should happen as well as when.<
><
>Arlene Edited by: realdialysisethics at: 10/4/03 7:11 am<
>

Last email

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject: From the Senate Committee on Aging  

Arlene,<
> <
>The Committee has made a decision not to hold a ESRD hearing on October 16th. The Committee has yet to determine how it will pursue the GAO findings.<
>Thanks, <
>Michelle Anderson <
>Investigative Auditor <
>Senate Finance Committee <
>202-224-1374 <
>Michelle_Anderson@finance-rep.senate.gov <
><
>_______<
><
>So the phone number and the email is up there, you can ask why. I will post the other emails.

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy