Author Topic: PATIENT RECEIVED TRANSPLANT  (Read 1777 times)

admin

PATIENT RECEIVED TRANSPLANT
« on: September 30, 2009, 07:13:26 PM »
TEXARKANA

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:04 am    Post subject: PATIENT RECEIVED TRANSPLANT   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Received a call and our patient that was dumped in Texarkana Collom&Carney Clinic has received a transplant in La. Looks as if everything went well. 

leadsag

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: PATIENT RECEIVED TRANSPLANT   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IS this a new angle for getting a faster transplant? Get dumped from your unit - haha. Hope things go good for the patient 

Excellent

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:08 am    Post subject: Transplant   

Good news! Would love to see the look on the administrators face of Collom&Carney if the patient were to show up one day with color in his face and ten pounds heavier.<
><
>Are Collom&Carney now off the hook for dumping this patient? 

BRLA

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:19 am    Post subject: TEXARKANA   

Am so happy for patient and her family. Sure hope that she and DEO pursue the case against Collom&Carney. We must not forget the remaining patients! 

TEXARKANA

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: We are going to make them accountable   

This patient and others want to have their voices heard on the issues that are happening in that clinic.<
><
>I personally feel that this is one that will get a high profile nationally. This violation of patient rights, not allowing the patient a choice of advocate, harassing only to name a few.<
><
>We got the depositions from many, and some are still in the clinic. This patient is going to go through with this and we have helped with a nice referral to an "A" Litigator.....I am sure that they will learn a spendy lesson. They will, this was one of the worst dumpings of a patient. This was the worse of worse that I feel that the ESRD Network sold this patient down the tube. <
><
>They must of thought we had forgotten, it appears that another patient was dismissed from this same clinic.This is going public and is going to be used in the efforts for reform in this industry. It has the Networks once again not backing the patient. This was about as good as it gets on firm legal ground. We documented it to help ensure this patient gets her day in court. This dumping was
ought to the attention of Senator Grassley, CMS and the ESRD Networks, and of course the press.<
><
>To let them off the hook would be criminal. I will never forget the patient telling me she would rather die than roll over one more time. Through her courage, many will benefit.<

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy