Author Topic: pt dumped in baton rouge  (Read 1814 times)

admin

pt dumped in baton rouge
« on: September 30, 2009, 07:34:16 PM »
sallyjo

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 9:23 am    Post subject: pt dumped in baton rouge   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr.Burjak is a caring and outstanding doctor. He works for the clinic, he is not an owner. The owner is the one making the decision. Dr. Burjak is following his employers orders. The owners are physican's themselves.Ask the wife why the patient can't go to another dialysis center in the area. Maybe you will find the answer to any questions in her response. 

Dear sally

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 9:40 am    Post subject: Documented   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sallyjo<
>The patient is being now placed in another unit. The fact remains that the legalities of this dumping will now be going to court. Dr. Burjak will be able to tell a jury of the patients peers. So I would suggest that the good doctor who allowed this to happen is an accomplace to the dumping and the possible early death of this patient. It could of been avoided and the violations are clearly documented.<
>Arlene<

patient

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 7:37 pm    Post subject: Hey Sallyjoe   

At one time, I was considering moving to Baton Rouge in hopes of getting better care than I was getting in my hell hole unit elsewhere in LoUiSiAna. Boy do I thank my lucky stars I didn't transfer there to Dr. Burjacks unit. It sounds like it would of been the same old tactics. Fortunately, I made my way to a decent unit and am doing much better these days. Sounds like LoUiSiAna has more than its share of hell hole units. Come on LoUiSiAna ..get your act together! Clean up those dirty politics of the State Dept. of Hospitals (dialysis unit surveys) holding hands with ESRD Network 13. You sent your Governor Edwards to prison..now clean up the network there!!! Patients, make these crooked doctors pay by filing suit. Turn the hack RNs into the Nurses Association!!!!! <

Justice and Liberty for a

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:40 am    Post subject: Dear Sally Joe   

You really should be concerned about your RN's license as well as the doctor that played a key part in this contract & dump case. The network should also be concerned for not helping this patient with transferring to another unit and not forcing the unit to comply with a 30 day warning before discharge, placing the patient at undue risk. I am sitting here wondering why all of you even are in health care to begin with, is it to help and try to heal people or just a control thing. JMO (just my opinion). 

Law

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:13 am    Post subject: Heard yet on the boards?   

The Network is suppose to be notified when a patient is discharged. Is this why they didnt bother with the grievance procedure? No need to? The results were there already.<
>Have you recieved the Law yet or the board of directors? What is so secret? Could there be one on the board of Network? Seems fishy to me. 

brenda

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:58 pm    Post subject: yo Sally Jo   

If Dr.Burjak is sooooooooooo caring and sooooooooooooo outstanding, why would he basically give a patient a possible death sentence. Procedures were not followed----duh. Let's see, he must of been told the same thing that the patients are told by the managers and owners, do as we say or you are out of here. But the so caring and understanding Doctor has a better chance to find employment elsewhere, then some patients have at finding a unit close to their home. His life would not be placed in jeopardy. 

leadsag

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 1:11 am    Post subject: What if....   

I do not know the particulars of this case but.....<
><
>What if patient A only shows up 2 treatments per week....if patient A is dumped and replaced with patient B who might show up 3 times per week that is an extra day of billable revenue!!!<
><
>Follow the $$$ when it comes to Nephrologist!!!! 

Update

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:20 am    Post subject: Called from patients family   

Yesterday,received a call from the family member of the patient dumped in Baton Rouge La. It appears that the center was closed by the Dept of Health.<
><
>Waiting to hear from some of the workers that have contacted us to get the specifics.<
><
>Stay tuned for more information as it comes in. We will be getting the 2567's to post on site after the 30 day waiting period. 

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy