Author Topic: ANOTHER PATIENT DISMISSAL IN TEXAS  (Read 30204 times)

admin

ANOTHER PATIENT DISMISSAL IN TEXAS
« on: October 14, 2009, 07:02:35 PM »
Arlene
Site Admin

Posted: 03 Sep 2009 19:57    Post subject: ANOTHER PATIENT DISMISSAL IN TEXAS    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IT APPEARS THAT THERE IS YET ANOTHER PATIENT THAT WAS DISMISSED.
STILL TRYING TO GET THE NEW LAW LANGUAGE FROM CMS, BARRING NON VIOLENT PATEINTS FROM GETTING KICKED OUT. SO FAR CMS WILL NOT POST THE NEW LAW OR ITS LANGUAGE.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 02:35:16 PM by cschwab »
"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy

admin

Re: ANOTHER PATIENT DISMISSAL IN TEXAS
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 07:03:03 PM »
plugger

Posted: 03 Sep 2009 20:40    Post subject:     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm trying to be surprised.

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 06:01:09 PM »
plugger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject:    
I've posted at some of the other boards about what is going on, the more eyes on this - the better.

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 06:02:45 PM »
plugger

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject:   

Great news! The patient in Texas has been assigned to a clinic and will be receiving dialysis on a regular basis. When I talked to the patient on the phone, I was told the patient was accused of clamping a line and causing air to back up into the machine - patient talked to manufacturer and manufacturer said that couldn't happen. Also the doctor expressed dismay that the patient wasn't reaching dry weight - patient says this was due to weight gain. We can be happy a tragedy has been avoided.

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 06:03:27 PM »
plugger

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject:   

After making darn sure the Texas patient is safe and secure, it is now time to turn our attention to the person most responsible for this near tragedy. In all the time I've been with DialysisEthics, I can't recall a time when a doctor has drawn such special consideration as to be named on our board, but now is the time:

Dr. JACK WESLY MONCRIEF

It takes a lot to draw the ire of the Texas Medical Board, but Dr. Moncrief managed to accomplish that task. We have to ask why DaVita would make such a person a Medical Director? Were the ESRD networks aware of this? Did CMS know about this? This would be a good thing to see on Dialysis Facility Compare.

What we are finding:

PUBLIC VERIFICATION / PHYSICIAN PROFILE
PHYSICIAN INFORMATION
NAME: JACK WESLY MONCRIEF MD DATE: 09/15/2009

THE INFORMATION IN THIS BOX HAS BEEN VERIFIED
BY THE TEXAS MEDICAL BOARD

Date of Birth: 1936
License Number: D0234 -- Physician License
Issuance Date: 08/18/1962
Expiration Date of Physician

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 06:04:19 PM »
plugger

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject:   

Investigations by TMB of Medical Malpractice
Section 164.201 of the Act requires that: the board review information relating to a physician against whom three or more malpractice claims have been reported within a five year period. Based on these reviews, the following investigations were conducted with the listed resolutions.

NONE

Status History
Status history contains entries for any updates to the individual

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 06:05:17 PM »
Angieskidney

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject:    

Oh wow! It is a good thing that you guys looked into this! Scary!  :o
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 08:27:53 PM by admin »

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 06:05:42 PM »
plugger

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject:   

It is amazing, I will say the patient couldn't have picked a better time to come to us.

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 06:06:43 PM »
plugger

Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject:   

Some seem to feel we are going after a doctor's reputation without a fair hearing, however a non-violent patient's life was put in jeopardy - where was the patient's hearing?

We don't take these matters lightly, we believe what we have done is warranted and are prepared to deal with any fallout.

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 06:08:47 PM »
Angieskidney

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject:   

Quote from: plugger
Some seem to feel we are going after a doctor's reputation without a fair hearing, however a non-violent patient's life was put in jeopardy - where was the patient's hearing?

We don't take these matters lightly, we believe what we have done is warranted and are prepared to deal with any fallout.

Doesn't surprise me that people might see it that way with what I have heard about how things turns out at ratemds.com ..

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 06:09:14 PM »
plugger

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject:   

We put up what is public record - would give me a reason for concern if I was shopping for a clinic.

I'm lucky I have such great mentors! I can see how easy it is to cross over into libel. Sounds like what might be happening at ratemds?

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 06:09:51 PM »
Angieskidney

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject:   

Quote from: plugger
We put up what is public record - would give me a reason for concern if I was shopping for a clinic.

I'm lucky I have such great mentors! I can see how easy it is to cross over into libel. Sounds like what might be happening at ratemds?

Not sure. I know I value the input at ratemds and haven't found anything bad. I have checked out 4 of my doctors and each seem really accurate. The best doctor I have ever had .. sure enough .. ranks real high there and has had a LOT of people say so. The doctor I currently have which I don't like has mixed reviews and the doctor I had just before this one which I also didn't like from the same office had a lot of bad reviews. So to me it seems like ratemds is GOOD but that doctors do not like getting less clients because now the information is easier to find.

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 06:10:28 PM »
plugger

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject:   

I'll have to bookmark that!

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 06:10:55 PM »
Dialysis Crusader

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: rating doctors  

It is so important that Doctors are rated for other patients and help prevent patients from getting hurt. I for one had no idea my doctor was less than adequate and had been in trouble with the State.
Poor doctors equal poor employees and poor service. I know first hand.

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 06:11:55 PM »
plugger

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject:   

It does filter down.

Arundhati Roy